Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Dream Killing Budget



By Chris Van Ingen

The Liberal party have always been known for putting the rich ahead all other Australians but never have I seen such a dream killing budget.

This 2014 budget has got me praying that the TARDIS is real so I can travel back in time 10 years and change my decision to join Mr Abbott’s party because even though I found out our beliefs’ were completely opposite and quit the party, after this budget I wish the Liberals were never part of my history.

This budget attacks everything thing that I and the majority of Australians believe in, affordable health care,  education, aged and disability support, sustainable environment and foreign aid. Nothing has escaped the Liberals machete except surprise, surprise the rich.

Many economists and the other parties agree that our debt level is nowhere near a crisis point because the Labor government kept us in a good position throughout the GFC.

We all know governments have to make tough choices but why is the Prime Minister taking us back to the Howard years and beyond, back to the dark ages? When is he going to stop being the Liberal’s attack dog and become a leader moving the country forward?

In thirty-one years of living with a disability I have had thousands of visits to the doctor, over thirty admissions to hospital and seventeen operations which my parents could not have afforded if the co-payment existed then and pensioners cannot afforded it now!

If the government would open its eyes and look at the U.S., where it’s clear this sort of health system doesn’t work  because people delay going to the doctor which then leads to the more expensive acute style medicine rather than a cheaper preventive one and it’s $7 now but what is it going to be in the future?

Through my involvement with Global Poverty Project I know small actions create big changes. So it doesn’t take a genius to see that proposed changes to environmental and foreign aid polices will have a catastrophic affect on the world and on how that world sees Australia.

On a personal note, I am actor, writer and motivation speaker because I want educate and inspire as many people as possible but the Coalition’s decision to join the Arts Council and Screen Australia will reduce our creativity and pretty much kill my dream along with the imagination and dreams of the nation.

Labor here I come! Thank you for this budget Mr Abbott because it has forced back into the political arena to make sure such a dream killing budget never happens again!

Vote 1 Labor at the next election!

“Remember to keep the wheels of life turning in your direction!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment